Thursday, November 17, 2005

When fun is work...

I work in the entertainment industry. Don't know how that happened it just is what is. It's a very interesting place this lil world of entertainment, tricky if you know what I mean.

Point being, for the past two weeks straight, I've been out every night. Sometimes to just one party, sometimes to up to three and four a night. Most people wouldn't complain about partying, but when having fun is work...it's not that fun anymore. I work at parties, I husltle, connect and make potential business partners, client, etc in the middle of crowded clubs, with hip-hop blasting, and go-go girls dancing on top of bars. And when I'm not working there, I'm at somebody's red carpet for something or other, or seeing movies before they come out, doing quickie interviews with Russell Simmons, Diddy, and others so often that while they're talking I think to myself how I wish they'd just shut up...this is my job.

So now what am I supposed to do for fun? I don't want to go to a concert, or a party or anything like that on the weekend, that's not fun it's just work. So now what, what am I supposed to do now that fun is work and work isn't fun?

No comments: