Monday, November 21, 2005

As fate would have it

For years there has been one night that has always stood out in my mind. It was the night that changed the course of my tenure in college. Superficially enough, this night occured in a night club...my first club experience in Atlanta, GA. I have always remembered this night because it was the beginning of a very important relationship I had while in college. But what if all the time I had been hanging on to this moment, it was not because of what happened as a result of this evening, it was because of what didn't. To be more clear, what if the reason I've always remembered was not because of what began, but because of what never came to be. What if when he walked up and asked if I was with him, I would have said yes...

2 comments:

? said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
enigma said...

fast molasses...you need to respond to some of my shit. I completely agree...what will happen then? that will make for a splendid tale.